This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Non-NHS/Private Services

non_nhs_services3Certain services carried out by the practice are not covered by the NHS. Special appointments need to be booked in advance and a fee is payable. Please see our fee board located in reception for an up-to-date list of the charges.

Examples of these services are:

  • Fitness to travel
  • Elderly driver medical
  • Sick notes issued in the first seven days of illness
  • Travel claim forms
  • HGV medicals
  • Insurance claims



Organisations are increasingly asking doctors to take responsibility for the safety of people completing a number of activities. Examples of these include extreme or dangerous sports, travel to exotic locations or travel with an existing medical condition.

It is not possible for doctors to predict the future and they cannot guarantee that a medical problem will not occur while undertaking these activities. Unfortunately a number of doctors have been taken to court about forms that they have signed and one doctor has been asked to pay for the cost of an aeroplane diverting due to a medical emergency when they had signed a ‘fit to fly’ form.

If you wish us to complete these forms for you they must be handed into the reception team with written consent and any explanatory notes that you think may be helpful. It must also be understood that these from will not take priority over treating people who are unwell so there may be a delay whilst your doctor considers the request.

It is important to understand that your doctor may not be able to sign the form, you may in some circumstances you may be offered an alternative such as a letter explaining your medical condition. Sometimes it may be advised that you need to seek a specialist opinion and again this could take a significant amount of time.

None of this work is paid for by the NHS so there will be a charge for any report or form completed by a doctor at the practice and any specialist opinion will need to be organised and paid for privately.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website