Flu: The Facts
Flu is mainly associated with the winter season. It is a viral infection of the respiratory tract, not a simple cold. It spreads quickly amongst those living together. A lot of people, mainly older people, die from flu every winter. It is particularly serious if you suffer from other diseases.
Examples of People Who Need Flu Vaccinations
- Over 65's
- People with chronic respiratory disease
- People with chronic heart disease
- Pregnant women
- People with chronic kidney disease
- People with chronic liver disease
- People with diabetes
- People with chronic neurological disease
- People with a weak immune system
Ask at the Surgery for further details - don't wait until there is a flu epidemic!