What To Do In Times Of Bereavement
If a death occurs at home:
- Telephone the doctor. They will visit to confirm death has taken place
- If death is sudden the police will need to be informed
- Contact the funeral director
- Collect death certificate from surgery (you will be advised when this will be available for collection.
When death occurs in hospital:
- Contact funeral directors to inform that their services will be required
- Collect death certificate from hospital
- Take the death certificate to the registrar’s office for the area in which the death took place along with the deceased’s medical card if available.
You will be given a form to take to the funeral directors who will take over complete responsibility for arranging the funeral.