When We Are Closed
It is now the responsibility of Hampshire Primary Care Trust for ensuring an out of hours service is provided to all patients in their area. Please contact 111. Out of hours is an emergency service for medical problems that have arisen outside of our surgery hours.
NHS 111 Service
In the case of urgent need when the practice is closed you can call 111 to speak to a triage nurse. Your needs will be assessed and advice offered or arrangements made for you to see a doctor.
Please do not ask to see a doctor out of hours unless you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
Call 999 in an emergency. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.
When To Call 999: In any of the events below call 999 and ask for an ambulance if someone:
- Is suffering from severe chest pain
- Is unconscious
- Has no heart beat or pulse
- Has stopped breathing
- Is bleeding uncontrollably
- Is fitting and not known to be epileptic
- Is having a fit that is going on longer than usual when they are known to suffer from epilepsy
- Is having a severe asthma attack that is worse than usual and is not relieved by their usual medication
- Has a rash that does not fade with pressure, especially if there are other symptoms such as fever, vomiting or aversion to light.